Jack Reacher


It is such a pleasant evening for me to start my film review :)

First, let me tell you why today is a good chance, well, I'm sitting in my garden in a cool evening with the wind blow. Wow, sounds nice right. 

The movie I'm going to talk about is Jack Reacher, which is currently in the theater right now. I went for it yesterday, with my mother.. lol


Obviously, it is a Tom Cruise movie. I mean, as a genre. It is also very clear to divide film by saying that it is 'a Tom Cruise movie' hahaha.

I don't know if you guys have watched any of Cruise's piece yet so I will talk about them briefly. 

The famous one first, Mission Impossible, action-thriller, not that thrill but mainly went to the action side. This is one of the famous series of movies that is successful and still trying to continue for more. It is about an agent who always got a really difficult mission to be accomplished.
fight fight fight and fight

Another one to talk about is Knight and Day that is also the similar type, it is an action-adventure-comedy-thriller. It also a fight-fight type but the fact that it added some funny scenes make the movie flows very well and enhance the charms of Tom Cruise to a wider audience achievement.

Well, to be honest, Cruise did really well in this action field but from my experience I haven't watched any of his movie that is out of his action area yet.

So.. so.. so..
Jack Reacher is an action-crime-thriller movie. I told you right, it's action again! 
But well, even there's no comedy mentioned in its genre but I can tell you there's a little in it.
..spoiler!
okay, not without warning again :p

It is currently got 7.3(out of 10) score on IMDB right now. Which is pretty a good score for this site.
And to make it sounds cool for our main character here, I have to tell you it is a Tom Cruise production too! Well, I don't know if he covered every field as his hobby or it is a business-ive.

...Jack Reacher might be a little different from other of Tom's works because this time Reacher is not the fighter or agent directly like other pieces but he is a detective instead.

The production and cinematography are very well organized that the movie is nice and not easy-done. The angle of shots are good as well. Not to mention the performance style, Tom is a star, he always know how works should be done. The supporting role by Rosamund Pike is also very great, I like her very much from this movie, she's so cute :)

*Spoiler alert*

Jack Reacher is a fine movie in my perspective. It did good and well, it has its own flaws as it is.

For me, this movie moves a little bit too slow. From the beginning, I know that it is necessary to mention people name when movie start, but it doesn't have to be so long that the audience can actually lost the feeling of watching. Yes, it kills me a little bit inside to see names after names for so long and so slow. 
As a detector-center movie, it is alright to narrates in a slow progress but Jack Reacher didn't went into the deepness as details or complications of the case that much so it makes only a little sense why it should be so slow.

Overall it was fine, but it can really really be better than that.

Feel so strange to end the review that way but I have no idea how to end since this is my first review or critic or how ever people call it. 
I hope you read it and that it doesn't influence your view of this movie. Because my opinion is just what I think and the happiness of watching movie is not to depends on my point. :)

Yours,
B
(omg i end it right!)

December 31, 2012

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.